Elysium Alley






DenimAndAView had the opportunity to chat to new designer, Katie Sutherland about her fresh, new clothing line Elysium Alley.

Having just finished her first collection, buzzing with colour, style, personality and innovation her designs will soon be catching the eye of many.

Why did you decide to become a fashion designer?

Well I was always a creative child whether it be through music, dance or art, and as I moved into my teen years I discovered a passion for styling and fashion trends. Then after learning to sew at school and moving onto study fashion after I graduated, I realised that this was definitely an ideal career path for me. 

What is your favourite part about being a fashion designer?

Having no limitations on what you can create and being able to produce a collection from purely ideas in your head to physical garments. It is such a tedious but rewarding process. 
What were your inspirations for the designs you created for the shoot?

I took a lot of inspiration from nature, in particular the Amazon Rainforest, and tried to mix it with a futuristic/ sports luxe feel. 

This was your first shoot with your new collection. What did you think?

I loved it! It really made me excited being able to see all my outfits in photographs that have the exact aesthetic I was intending for this collection. 

What are your plans for the future?

Initially I am going to be selling handmade jewellery pieces for my label up until I plan to head to Canada for 3 months over Christmas. During my travels I plan to research and draw inspiration for a collection I can hopefully produce and have ready to sell mid next year! 

And lastly who is your latest style muse?

Ainsley Hutchence from Sticks and Stones Agency! Raddest instagram ever.

So check out her beautiful new designs here!

















Model: Bronte Cooper 
MUA: Rachel Rutten














No comments:

Post a Comment